Assistant Principal – Job Posting
Langley Community Music School is a centre for excellence in music education, offering students of all ages the opportunity to study with highly qualified faculty and to develop a life-long appreciation of music. It enhances cultural development and fosters an environment where personal growth and cooperation are nurtured. LCMS is recognized as a leading arts training organization and cultural centre for the community. In addition to a full range of music education programs it presents two concert series.
LCMS is currently seeking an Assistant Principal. The position requires a person with knowledge and experience in the non-profit sector, preferably with experience in arts management. Working with the Principal, the Assistant Principal provides management support and contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices as pertaining to a non-profit, charitable organization.
The position requires a person with the ability to be conversant with the mission, objectives and activities of the School in order to promote and advocate on behalf of the organization.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a willingness to be involved with all aspects of the operations and to assist other administrative staff in the performance of their duties when required
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to music education as reflected in the School’s mission and purpose
- Enjoy working with diverse populations of students, faculty, school staff and volunteers to achieve the goals of LCMS
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Work in partnership with the Principal to develop annual work plans and manage budgets to achieve identified goals
- Work collaboratively with staff to analyze, develop and implement systems, policies and business processes, and monitor administrative controls towards operational excellence
- Day-to-day supervision of the Registrar’s office, ensuring excellence in customer service and efficient processing of registrations and tuition payments
- Work collaboratively with the artistic team to manage the delivery of concerts and events, including ticket systems and sales, preparation of artist contracts, concert programs, front of house, and reporting of audience statistics
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications and donor correspondence
- Oversee marketing and communications, ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of information across all communications channels, and working with the Marketing Specialist and other external contractors to promote school educational programs, concerts and events
- Work collaboratively with artistic team, faculty and staff to coordinate collection of information for publication in school program calendar, brochures, and concert programs
- Management of venue bookings, including responding to rental inquiries, preparing contracts, scheduling event supervision, and ensuring contract compliance
- Support management reporting to funders and board of directors
- Coordination and recognition of volunteers
- University degree or certification from a recognized professional institution, and musical background
- Five or more years of related professional experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Advanced computer literacy, including database skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, work collaboratively, and maintain grace under pressure
- Knowledge of CRA policies with regards to fundraising and charitable receipting
This position is full time and requires a flexible schedule that includes availability for some evenings and weekends. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Carolyn Granholm, LCMS Principal, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A criminal record check is mandatory.
Application deadline: until filled
We are currently accepting applications from qualified piano teachers.
LCMS is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified applicants in all musical disciplines. Please email your resume to Carolyn Granholm at firstname.lastname@example.org