The Music Intensive (MI) Program is for students who show significant dedication to their music education. MI gives students a convenient enrichment class schedule, recognizes their achievements, offers program subsidies, and also provides an opportunity to build relationships with other dedicated young musicians.
- Program subsidy
- Senior level master classes with guest artists
- Guest lectures, workshops and reading sessions
- Social events planned throughout the year
- Performances in the community
- Designated MI class in Music Festival
- Enrollment in MI given consideration for Sharon Stevenson Career Development scholarship
- Free tickets to LCMS series concerts
- Certificate of achievement
- Private lesson
- RCM theory
- Regular MI enrichment classes (master class/reading session/lecture/workshop)
- One or more electives (Orchestra, Chamber Music, Piano Ensemble, Technique Class)
- Attendance of live professional concerts (LCMS or elsewhere) during the academic year
Entry to the MI program is by application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in weekly private lessons at LCMS
- Be studying at approximately RCM Grade 9 or above
- Be working towards completing RCM theory requirements
- Be willing to devote the time necessary to take advantages of the opportunities provided in the program
There is no application fee.