Langley Community Music School (LCMS) is a centre of excellence in music education. A non-profit charitable organization, the school is recognized for its comprehensive and innovative programming for students of all ages and levels. The organization is also a presenter of concerts to the community, with two concert series featuring local, national and international artists, and a 250-seat recital hall. In 2019, LCMS will be celebrating its 50th anniversary.
LCMS is seeking a part-time Marketing Specialist to join our small and dynamic administrative team. Reporting to the Principal, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for promotion of the school’s educational programs, concerts, special events and fundraising initiatives, including 50th anniversary special initiatives.
• Develop and implement annual marketing plan within the marketing budget
• Communications (internal/external) and media relations
• Oversight of creative production, copy and distribution of all communications pieces in both print and digital formats, including student calendar, concert season brochure, educational program brochures, newsletters, fundraising materials and other key marketing collateral
• Manage and coordinate social media promotions and print advertising
• Ensure effective brand development and clear brand messages are communicated across all marketing and communications material
• Track and report on ROI of print and digital strategies
• Maintain and update website content
• Work with external web development and graphic design contractors as required
• Plan and coordinate events, including monitoring ticket systems, maintaining ticket sales records, and producing reports
• Assist with development tasks such as donor correspondence and recognition, preparation and dissemination of materials for fundraising campaigns, and preparation of supporting material for grants
• Coordination and recognition of volunteers
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Degree in marketing, communications or related field, and a minimum of three years’ experience in a marketing role
• Excellent creative abilities and proven skills in promoting through various social media and digital communications platforms
• Experience working with website content management systems, website maintenance, and HTML
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, energetic and proactive team player who interfaces well at all levels of the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain quality relationships with a variety of external and internal contacts
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in fundraising an asset
• Graphic design skills an asset
• Knowledge of music and experience working within a non-profit organization an asset
The position is part-time, with compensation of $25-30K depending on experience and qualifications. The position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, in support of concerts and special events.
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Application deadline is August 20, 2018.
LCMS is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified applicants in all musical disciplines. Please email your resume to Susan Magnusson at email@example.com