Langley Community Music School is a centre for excellence in music education, offering students of all ages the opportunity to study with highly qualified faculty and to develop a life-long appreciation of music. It enhances cultural development and fosters an environment where personal growth and cooperation are nurtured. LCMS is recognized as a leading arts training organization and cultural centre for the community. In addition to a full range of music education programs it presents two concert series.
Reporting to the Principal, the Executive Assistant is a key member of the administrative team, interfacing with a diverse community of internal and external stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate will enjoy working collaboratively as part of a small and dynamic team, and will have:
• Exceptional organizational and communications skills, and an eye for detail
• A strong background in the non-profit/charitable sector
• Knowledge of all aspects of education/artistic operational areas, including marketing and development, event coordination, administrative and business systems, student registration, and finance, in order to assist other administrative staff in the performance of their duties
• Proven experience handling information and situations with grace, discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality
• A commitment to professional growth and an aspiration to take on increasing responsibilities within the organization
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the Principal with monitoring the work and progress of staff, recommend on administrative systems, processes and workflow, and assist in formulating operational strategy and policy
• Assist the Principal with grants and reports to funders, development correspondence and donor recognition
• Assist with the planning of school educational programs, concerts and events
• Manage ticket systems and ticket sales
• Coordinate venue bookings
• Prepare contracts for guest artists, faculty, and facility rentals
• Prepare reports, including statistical/financial data and market research
• Assist with the budgeting process and budget tracking
• Work together with the Marketing Specialist and Registrar to produce promotional and educational materials, including some copywriting, editing and design
• Ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information across communications channels
• Perform front office duties as backup to the Registrar, including processing student registrations, invoicing, and responding to general inquiries
• Coordinate and recognize volunteers
• Coordinate meetings and travel
• University degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of directly related professional experience that demonstrates increasing level of responsibility
• Advanced computer literacy, including database skills and experience with Quickbooks or other accounting software
• Musical background (classical or jazz) an asset
• Graphic design skills an asset
This position is full time and requires a flexible schedule that includes occasional extended hours, and availability for some evenings and weekends in support of school concerts and special events. Applications should include a detailed resume as well as a statement that demonstrates interest in the position.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of Carolyn Granholm, LCMS Principal, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A criminal record check is mandatory.
Application deadline: until filled.
LCMS is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified applicants in all musical disciplines. Please email your resume to Carolyn Granholm at firstname.lastname@example.org