Langley Community Music School (LCMS) is a centre of excellence in music education. A non-profit charitable organization serving the community since 1969, the school is recognized for its comprehensive and innovative programming for students of all ages and levels. The organization is also a presenter of concerts to the community, with three concert series and a 250-seat recital hall.
LCMS is seeking a full-time Registrar to join our administrative team. The Registrar is a leader in customer service responsible for ensuring frontline inquiries are handled positively and accurately, ensuring a smooth and efficient registration process for students enrolling at LCMS, and ensuring that student records are well-maintained. The registrar also coordinates room scheduling and facility rentals, and supports special events undertaken by the School.
If you are enthusiastic, professional and would like be part of a small, dynamic team supporting music education and the performing arts, we want to hear from you!
• Responding to general inquiries with a view towards student recruitment and event promotion, including inquiries about educational programs, scholarship & bursaries, concerts, and facility rentals
• Providing an exceptional standard of public relations and customer service in relation to the school’s many programs and initiatives
• Processing student registrations and tuition payments using Access database and Quickbooks accounting software
• Teacher studio scheduling and coordination of external rentals, including preparation of rental contracts
• Ensuring that information provided to the public by the Registrar’s Office is accurate, timely, consistent, and reflects positively on LCMS
• In consultation with the Assistant Principal, day-to-day assignment of tasks to the part-time Administrative Assistant
• Internal communications with faculty, parents and students
• Preparation of reports relating to registrations, lessons and financial transactions
• Monitoring re-enrollment and sending reminders as necessary
• Working with the Accounts Manager, assisting with bookkeeping duties as required
• Advising on registration policies, processes and systems
• Supporting and assisting with promotion of special events, including performances, festivals, master classes, community concerts and other activities undertaken by the School
• Assisting with the production and of marketing and event materials as required (e.g. posters, concert programs)
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented, energetic and proactive team player who interfaces well at all levels of the organization
• Excellent written/verbal communications skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, Outlook required
• Proficiency with accounting software an asset (Quickbooks preferred)
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a professional office environment
• Knowledge of music (classical, jazz)
• Experience working in a non-profit or educational setting an asset
• Second language an asset
The position is full-time (37.5 hrs/week). LCMS offers a competitive salary and three weeks paid vacation. The school office is open from 9:30am -7:30pm weekdays, and a willingness to work a flexible schedule within these office hours is desirable. A criminal record check is mandatory.
Please send your application by email to Susan Magnusson, LCMS Principal, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Application deadline is April 11, 2018.
LCMS is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified applicants in all musical disciplines. Please email your resume to Susan Magnusson at firstname.lastname@example.org