Langley Community Music School (LCMS) is a centre of excellence in music education. A non-profit charitable organization, the school is recognized for its comprehensive and innovative programming for students of all ages and levels. The organization is also a presenter of concerts to the community, with two concert series featuring local, national and international artists, and a 250-seat recital hall. LCMS is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2019.
LCMS is seeking a part-time Bookkeeper to join our small and dynamic administrative team. Reporting to the Principal, the Bookkeeper is responsible for payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable, and also works with a CPA, who is responsible for month end. This position will appeal to an individual who is very detail oriented and likes to work in a friendly and fast paced environment.
• Processing payroll for 50+ self-employed contract faculty
• Processing payroll for administrative staff, and tracking of staff vacation and sick time
• Full cycle AR/AP bookkeeping
• Collecting past due accounts
• Responding to billing/account inquiries
• Preparing T4s and T4As
• CRA remittance
• Preparing bank deposits and reconciling bank statements
• Processing donations and preparing tax receipts
• Maintaining schedules of internally restricted funds
• Preparing records for month end (monthly financial statements prepared by external CPA)
• Preparing records for annual audit
• Maintaining orderly accounting filing system
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum three years’ experience in a non-profit/charity working in a similar role
• Certificate/diploma in accounting or bookkeeping an asset
• Experience with Quickbooks an asset
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Office Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a second language an asset
• High attention to detail
• Aptitude for improving systems and processes
• Able to work independently and with others
The position is part-time (60-70% FTE), with compensation of $18-23/hr depending on experience and qualifications. The position allows for a flexible work schedule within office hours.
Please send your application by email to LCMS Principal Carolyn Granholm at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application deadline: until filled
LCMS is always interested in receiving resumes from qualified applicants in all musical disciplines. Please email your resume to Carolyn Granholm at email@example.com